Re: [Usability] new tab shortcut is different in gnome-terminal and epiphany

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues [ISO-8859-1] Diógenes wrote:

> Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 01:43:05 -0200
> From: "Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues [ISO-8859-1] Diógenes"
>     <cerdiogenes yahoo com br>
> To: GNOME Usability List <usability gnome org>
> Subject: [Usability] new tab shortcut is different in gnome-terminal and
>     epiphany
>
> Hi,
>
> I note that gnome-teminal uses ctrl + T, while epiphny uses ctrl + t to

those two keybindings are both the same

perhaps you meant

Ctrl + Shift + T  versus  Ctrl + T

you really do have to be much clearer when describing keybindings, at
least writing them as they appear in the menus

> create a new tab. These shortcut keys wouldn't have to be equal?

as far as I know gnome-terminal is a special case and developers
intentionally chose the keybindings so as to avoid colliding with console
applications.

it would be nice if we could make things more consistent but I dont
believe this is a case where we can do that.

--
Alan