[Usability] Re: spatial Nautilus, Filechooser: some suggestions

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, 09 May 2006 11:41:51 +0000, Stefan Wagner wrote:

> I don't understand this name at all, and would like to get rid of it. My
> 'personal folder' is /home/stefan, and I don't see any reason to translate
> this.

How about "human understandable" as a reason?

> Both work on the commandline, but a new User will not find this
> 'Pers�cher Ordner' anywhere on the filesystem.

A new user should not have to know what a filesystem is. If any part of
the UI requires the user to know what it is, then it's a bug (IMHO).

> too - what is its name in english, btw?

"Home". But apparently, the German translation team found
"Pers�cher Ordner" the best way to translate this, just as the Dutch
team by the way ("Persoonlijke map").

> Understanding that /home/USERNAME is your personal directory isn't hard.

It is when you don't speak English and your username is "st0349022".

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen