Re: [Usability] New UI for gnome-about-me capplet

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Iain * wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:39:08 +0100
> From: Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>
> To: "[ISO-8859-1] Diego González" <diego pemas net>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] New UI for gnome-about-me capplet
>
> On 4/30/06, Diego González <diego pemas net> wrote:
>
> > Clicking on the picture of the first screenshort would show a file
> > selector in the $prefix/share/pixmap/faces directory.
>
> Could it not open on the users home and then add a bookmark to
> $prefix/share/pixmap/faces cos really, what proportion of users put
> their pictures in there rather than just have them in /home?

(I'm assuming $prefix != $HOME or he would have written home.)
Distributions should be providing sample pictures in that directory.
When users are getting started users may not have any files suitable at
all of their own to use as login pictures but if they do they can easily
switch to Home which already does have a shortcut in the file chooser.

--
Alan