Re: [Usability] "Finish" vs. "Close" in gnome-control-center dialogs

On 27 Mar 2006, at 16:45, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

--- Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:
Subject
10 also suffered
     severely from Free Software help writers'
continuing weakness for
     including full-size screenshots in their help
-- FFS, stop doing
     that!)

Just so I've got this right -- you want FEWER or NO
full size screenshots in the docs?

That's certainly the approach the Sun guys tried to take when they wrote GNOME docs.

(Isn't it still common practice in the publishing industry to reduce all screenshots to 60-70% anyway, just because they look too big on the page at full size? I almost never use full-sized screenshots if I'm working on UI specs, mockups etc.)

And why does it say "wallpaper" anyway? Is the style
guide not clear enough?
"wallpaper: Do not use this term. Use the term desktop
background."

There were dissenting voices at the time, but at the end of the day, the maintainer gets the final say.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-themes-list/2003-August/ msg00046.html

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team