Re: [Usability] "Finish" vs. "Close" in gnome-control-center dialogs

--- Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:
> Subject
> 10 also suffered
>      severely from Free Software help writers'
> continuing weakness for
>      including full-size screenshots in their help
> -- FFS, stop doing
>      that!)

Just so I've got this right -- you want FEWER or NO
full size screenshots in the docs?
How about practically no screenshots at all, of any
size?
That would be fine by me, as they're a pain to make,
maintain, and translate.

> *   Subject 15 had one problem: the "Add Wallpaper"
> button existed when
>      it shouldn't.

Let me guess... they thought that clicking "Add
Wallpaper" would... add the selected wallpaper to the
desktop?
I can see how they'd think that. I'd have thought it
too if I couldn't put my Geek hat on and bend my brain
to the interface.

And why does it say "wallpaper" anyway? Is the style
guide not clear enough?
"wallpaper: Do not use this term. Use the term desktop
background."
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-desktop.html