[Usability] Updating the HIG

I saw Callum's edits to the wiki page on the HIG and
it's reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask
for a while:
How do we update the HIG?

In the months I've been on this list there have been
several topics where there was a consensus that
something should be added to the HIG. (The matter of
avoiding negative statements in labels springs to
mind.)

Should we submit patches to it, or is a complete
rewrite in the works?
Now I'm not working on the documentation so
frantically, I'd have time to help with this sort of
thing.

Joachim