Re: [Usability] Mute in GNOME mixer applet does not have correct

On Mar 19, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Rodney Dawes wrote:

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 15:19 +0100, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
So at the cost of one extra icon the icons spec we probably prevent the filing of two bugs. So the "0" icon has a clear use. Can you explain me what the problem is of adding it to the spec?

The icon makes absolutely no sense. There's no reason to have a single
icon for 1/101 values, and 3 others for 33.33../100 values each.

"Sound" versus "no sound" is a useful distinction.

And by your argument that a single ) is not representative of the 0% level, the same can be said for no ), as on some cards, audio may still be emitted at a 0% volume setting.

The word "zero" is not easily mocked. If I set the volume to zero, the system should do whatever it takes to ensure there is no sound being produced. None. Zilch. Nada.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/