Re: [Usability] Closing windows with doubleclick

ons 2006-03-15 klockan 11:59 -0800 skrev Corey Burger:
> On 3/15/06, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:
> >
> > --- Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:
> > > I'm a sucker for consistency, despite some of the
> > > comments in the bug
> > > report I figure if everyone else is doing it Gnome
> > > probably should too.
> > > We shouldn't be Lemmings and blindly follow what
> > > everyone else is doing
> > > but if we are going to be different we should have a
> > > good reason for it,
> > > and the burden of proof should be on those who want
> > > to block this feature.
> >
> > I understand the arguments against, and I think they
> > are valid.
> <snip>
>
> Basically, I think we should not implement this for a number of reasons:
> 1. User click everywhere
> 2. Users like to doubleclick
> 3. The consequences of closing can be grave
> 4. Closing is a not a recoverable action
>
> Corey

But it does work for MS Windows.
Are the gnome users more likely to double click everywhere than Windows
users? Then maybe this is isn't a good idea.
Are the gnome applications causing grave consequences upon window
closing without making this a recoverable or cancelable action? Then
maybe we should fix those applications since there is a close button in
the other corner of the window that does not require a double click.

Cheers
Markus