Re: [Usability] Closing windows with doubleclick

--- Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:
> I'm a sucker for consistency, despite some of the
> comments in the bug
> report I figure if everyone else is doing it Gnome
> probably should too.
> We shouldn't be Lemmings and blindly follow what
> everyone else is doing
> but if we are going to be different we should have a
> good reason for it,
> and the burden of proof should be on those who want
> to block this feature.

I understand the arguments against, and I think they
are valid.
However, the problem is the the GNOME title bar looks
almost identical to the Windows title bar. So users
naturally expect the same behaviour.
This is a strong argument for implementing this
feature. We're obviously making the title bar look the
same to make Windows users feel at home... but then
we're confusing them by making it just that little bit
different. That's unfair.

As for implementation problems... are we saying
there's something MS does that we can't...? ;)

> I think it is a difficult feature to set off
> accidentally, and any
> properly designed program would warn you about
> unsaved data so even then
> it shouldn't be problem.

Indeed. Ctrl-Q is probably easier to accidentally hit.