Re: [Usability] search is not easy to find aka "a few minutes with gnome virgins"

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

> > be great to have a page
> > in the documentation of the Find tool explaining or
> > introducing the
> > command line alternatives.
>
> I think the find tool docs briefly mention which unix
> commands are used behind the GUI.

good to know

> However, is the find tool made redundant by the new
> Nautilus searching? And if not, how are the two meant
> to work together?

I doubt it.  I'd expect the find tool to include more advanced options and
for the built in tool to keep it simple.  There might also be issues
with the underlying technologies (Beagle?).  I don't know for sure.

--
Alan H.