[Usability] Re: My Folders [Re: Special folders in gnome]

Alan Horkan wrote:

I'd much prefer if we could have
~/Documents/
    /Templates/
    /Pictures/
    /Videos/
    (keep it simple first, but if you wanted more later
    we could also have folders like:
     /Web Pages/
     /Spreadsheets/
     /Slideshows/
     etc.)

This is not a good idea to have such folders, imho. I keep photos and
musics on a specialized directory because of the way I use it (image
manager, rhythmbox) but I doubt you would do that for every type of
documents. That would be unproductive and redundant with the file type
which already allow you to find a file given its type.