Re: [Usability] Saving to open Nautilus windows

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 17:14 +0100, Sven Jaborek wrote:

> http://poweroftwo.de/insaneidea.jpg
> I feel everybody staring at me ;-)

In a tabbed interface like gedit's, I think it would be better to drag
the icon from one of the tabs. For non-tabbed UIs like Gnumeric, the
window icon could be used instead. Also, the drag-icon could be the same
as the file type, rather than the current generic one, and should show
the file name which nautilus will use once it's dropped into a folder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philbull/81585322

>From a window:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philbull/81585323

WRT dragging the window icon - it's currently not draggable at all.
Clicking this icon pops up a window management context menu. I never use
this menu, and it seems quite useless to me (especially when you can
just right-click the title bar to get the same menu). I'd prefer to see
a context menu relating to the current document in that window, with
options similar to those you get when right-clicking the file in
nautilus.

Just my �0.02.

--
Phil Bull