Re: [Usability] Requesting mini-UI review for Epiphany toolbar patch

On Feb 21, 2006, at 1:30 AM, Peter Harvey wrote:
The use-case for "Hide Toolbars" is that you want to quickly show/hide
your collection of selected toolbars, particularly via Ctrl+Shift+T.

That's redundant with Full Screen mode. (Internet Explorer for Mac had a "Collapse Toolbars" item like this, and I assume this was because it didn't have a full-screen mode.)

It also gives the user a way to reverse any manipulations (via Javascript) of the visibility of the toolbar.

Windows opened by JavaScript usually aren't reused, because they have not only the wrong chrome, but also an inconvenient size. So where chrome is turned back on in them, I would expect it's usually individual items -- to copy the URL, or to see loading progress. That doesn't deserve a "turn everything back on" item.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/