Re: [Usability] Requesting mini-UI review for Epiphany toolbar patch

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2006-February/msg00220.html

> The patch, along with before/after screenshots is
> available here:
> http://home.exetel.com.au/harvey/epiphany/toolbar/
>
> We're hoping that the UI team will agree that these
> changes, or at
> least some of them, are worthwile.

Both the before and after versions of the View ->
Toolbars menu are inconsistent.

If a 'Show...' item has a tick, then it's something
that is currently visible, and I untick to hide it.
When it's hidden, the tick is gone and the menu item
text is the same, 'Show....'.

But the main control (the after version) seems to be a
menu toggle, where if it's hidden the text reads
'Show...' and if it's visible, the text reads
'Hide...'.

You're mixing two types of menu control here.
I would put 'Show Toolbars' at the top of the submenu,
and when it is unticked, grey out the individual items
beneath it but keep their ticks.