Re: [Usability] Menu item in SJ

--- Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:

> You can't submit in iTunes,

I see a menu item in iTunes 'submit CD track names'.
Currently greyed out, but I don't have a CD in...

> and they use the
> commercial Gracenote CDDB
> service.  I refuse to support FreeDB as it's data is
> utter pants.

Is that the service set in the CD Database preferences
tool?

This is an issue I've been meaning to raise after I
noticed it during the UI review.

We have a preferences tool that claims to set CD
database preferences system-wide.
But very few audio apps use it -- someone said only
the CD player app does.

So we're basically misleading the user, and we have a
largely useless prefs tool.

I don't know enough about the subject to have an
opinion on the solution, but we should do one of:
a) remove the prefs tool completely
b) fix it so it's not pants and get all relevant apps
to use it

Leaving it as it is makes *us* look pants :(