[Usability] Bug: Applications appearing on other desktops than started

Hello,

I'm using 4 virtual desktops (if this is not the correct term, please
let  me know) in my Gnome 2.14. When I start an application in one
desktop, it takes some time to start the application and in the
meantime, I switch to another desktop, the application will start
on that different desktop and I have to manually move it back.

This gets especially annoying if the application issues some dialogs
before it actually starts (like galeon after-crash dialog, which I see
quite regularly by the way) and the application doesn't appear, so
I have to go through my desktops and look for the lost dialog to click
ok...

This is a bug. The application should appear where it was executed, not
on some random place determined by the time it takes to actually start
it, the power of my CPU, my action afterwards and other side-effects.

I'm posting it here since it is largely a usability bugin hope that
somebody with a better understanding of Gnome will fill it and push it
at the appropriate places.

Thanks a lot,
Hynek Hanke