Re: [Usability] Bug: Applications appearing on other desktops than started

Hynek Hanke wrote:
I'm using 4 virtual desktops (if this is not the correct term, please
let  me know) in my Gnome 2.14. When I start an application in one
desktop, it takes some time to start the application and in the
meantime, I switch to another desktop, the application will start
on that different desktop and I have to manually move it back.

This gets especially annoying if the application issues some dialogs
before it actually starts (like galeon after-crash dialog, which I see
quite regularly by the way) and the application doesn't appear, so
I have to go through my desktops and look for the lost dialog to click
ok...
I don't think it's so obvious. What about looking through my desktops, because I launched Galeon on one of them (forgot, on which one) and then immediately moved to to another desktop? If "the bug" gets fixed, the after-crash dialog will appear on the desktop, on which I no more look.

--
  Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov