[Usability] Getting Gnome, VMWare Player and Live CDs

In case anyone doesn't know about this i figured I should mention how
useful VMWare player has been in helping me play around with recent
versions of Gnome.

VMWare Player
http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

There are many VMWare images prebuilt so the if you have the bandwidth you
can get started really quickly.
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/community.html

What has made it particualrly useful was the Live CD player.  Few
distributions provide VMWare images but many distributions do already
provide Live CDs (and Ubuntu provides a Live CD for every release).
http://www.vmwarez.com/2006/02/livecd-player-virtual-machine.html

Hope this information is useful to others.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com