Re: [Usability] GDM

Andrew Z wrote:
Displaying the username and password fields simultaneously would solve this issue, but I don't see such designs on art.gnome.org.

Good point.

I've often thought that that while displaying only one of the fields (username/password) at a time gives the *appearance* of simplicity, but actually requires more thought to work through.

Showing both fields clearly indicates when you type in your username that a password is required as well.

Note: this little usability tidbit was based on research that happened entirely in my head - real-world results may vary.

Steven Garrity