Re: [Usability] Bluescreens

> By the way, here's something I've been thinking of
> raising for a while -- shouldn't the key combination
> that restarts X (CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE) show a
> confirmation dialog first. It's a hard combination to
> hit by accident, but it's a potentially destructive
> action all the same.

No!

CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE is useful also when
	* there is no graphic output on the display
	* graphic output on the display is messed up
		(bad resolution etc.)
	* Gnome is in some wird state when it is not even
	  	able to display a dialog
etc. etc. Actually I don't find much use for this when Gnome
is still able to display a dialog...

In these situations, I certainly don't want to have to figure
out what keys and in which order I need to press after
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE so that I click the ``Ok'' button in
a dialog I don't see.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke