Re: Usability of terminals [Re: [Usability] Running gnome-terminal as a desktop background]

On 9/20/05, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 10:35 -0400, Eric Larson wrote:
>
> > I have seen quicksilver and it is actually just another front end to
> > spotlight.
>
> It can actually do quite a bit more than that, thanks to its plugin
> architecture-- it was around for quite a while before Spotlight came on
> the scene.  See http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/plugins.php for a
> flavour of some of them.

I haven't seen anybody mention this before, so I figured I would.
Imendio (who also develop Blam!, DrWright, and a few other things)
held a weekend hackathon and wrote GNOME Launch Box, which you can
find here:

http://developer.imendio.com/wiki/GNOME_Launch_Box

I've used a little bit and it's pretty impressive.  As they say, "very
influenced by Quicksilver (http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/)".

--Mike