Re: Fwd: [Usability] Activating find with /

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 12:28 +0000, Tom Conneely wrote:
> I'd say it's best not using / for any type ahead find tool. Simply as
> the Gnome file chooser uses this to bring up the "open location"
> dialog, which is very logical for any *nix geek really. And to the
> main reason I decided to right this email, why doesn't nautilus mirror
> this behaviour? It definitely should IMHO.

On a related note, this does actually prevent me from
using the file chooser's type-ahead find on a certain
set of files on my desktop at work.

All you have to do is make a desktop entry file that
has a / in the Name field.  Nautilus and the GTK+ file
chooser will both display the Name field rather than
the filename.

// Shaun