Re: [Usability] Re: New "Add to panel" dialog

> There is certainly a class of applets that could behave like
> menus, but there are also plenty that shouldn't-- e.g. when you click on
> the workspace switcher, it would be useful if it switched your
> workspace, rather than popping up a menu :)

Actually, I think a workspace switcher could possibly be implemented
in a menu. But, apart from that, I'm really uncomfortable with the
idea of the top panel and the bottom panel being the same thing. They
are not. At all. I know, I know, you can configure, customize... But
still, I think that it is confusing that two completely different
things are actually the same thing (I don't mean confusing in the
usability sense, i mean confusing for me). Why not have two different
kinds of panels? The "System Panel" (home of menu-applets, menus,
system-wide notifications, etc...) and the "Desktop Panel" (home of
app-switchers, window-switchers, app-launchers, desktop-switchers,
etc, etc...). Maybe calling them both 'panels' would still be wrong,
but you know what I mean. Anyway, maybe we would be sacrificing a bit
of customisability (is that a word??), but it would make the user
experience a bit more uniform... I don't know.

Anyway, about filing the bug... I'm ashamed to say this, but I'm
rather new to the list and have never ever filed a bug on *anything*,
so I would very thankfully accept any help.

Rafa.-