Re: Fwd: [Usability] Technical language in applet menus

I just would want a menu item available to temporarily stop the
screensaver, rather than having to go into the preferences. This would
allow me to use my computer as a hifi without having to unlock the
screen every 10 mins, disable for compiling (I'm a gentoo user so
compiling is a reasonably common task) or just plain disabling it
temporarily for ONE session only. If I deselect the screensaver in the
preferences I would have to reselect it so I have a screensaver
enabled for the next session.

> >>It would probably make more sense for Totem to disable the
> >>screensaver while it's running, same with other programs,
> >>but the mechanism to do that isn't altogether clear right now.

How does xine do this? I've never been interrupted by a screensaver in
xine whilst watching a DVD so I presume it disables it somehow