Re: [Usability] Compress Files feature directly from Properties options

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 22:22 +0100, John Keller wrote:
> I think what you're looking for is already available: There's an item
> called "Create Archive..." that launches File Roller. From within this
> graphical application, you can create all the archive file formats you
> listed, and more.

When I do right click a file or files (in GNOME 2.8.1) and select
"Create Archive...", a dialog pops up and offers creation of a tar.gz.
It doesn't offer a path for me to select (defaults to the current dir),
nor does it offer me other formats that file roller supports. Perhaps a
feature request for these things would be useful. (If you don't agree,
let me know so I can file this one myself :-)

I am also not sure if this dialog is File Roller or Nautilus. Anyone
know?

--
Karim Nassar
Department of Computer Science