Re: [Usability] gedit's Save A Copy

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Luis Villa wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:30:36 -0500
> From: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>
> To: usability gnome org
> Cc: spark mayl de
> Subject: Re: [Usability] gedit's Save A Copy
>
> Slightly off-topic, but everyone discussing this (IMHO) should take a
> look at what scratchpad[1] does. It is a very basic text editor right
> now, but in particular, it implements instant-apply saving and marking
> of revisions. IMHO, that's the route gedit should think about going
> instead of doing lots of complicated stuff to unbreak broken concepts
> like 'save'.

Even if Gedit were to switch to an automated Versioning system like
Scratchpad I'm pretty sure it would still need to provide something like
Export/Save a Copy which is where the discussion started.  I'd still like
to see someone prototype the idea for Gedit rather than creating new
applications like Scratchpad or Tomboy.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/