Re: [Usability] how to make usability test?

>> I would like to use a HOWTO in order to make some own private usability
>> studies. It would be nice if somebody could make a HOWTO that all GNOME
>> users could use to reproduce. This HOWTO should be translated in many
>> languages ans regulary updated for newer GNOME versions (many tests
>> should make no sense in the future).
>>
>> Then it would be nice if one could input results somewhere. This could
>> result in a real huge usbality test. It would not be perfectly
>> scientific, but an interesting data bases. And such a test could be made
>> after every new release.
>>
>> This could help programers or small companies to make their own studies
>> and direct feedback. Also one should encourage GNOMErs to do this.
>
> Looks like the Ximian people at Novell are doing something along these
> lines. Check out the "Windows Migration Study" presentation slide from
> GUADEC at http://live.gnome.org/Stuttgart2005/PresentationSlides .
>
> http://desktop-migration.org/ was supposed to open "mid-June, 2005".
>
> I don't know the details and how much this lines up with what you asked
> for but it sure sounds interesting. :)

Perhaps I should clarify. I'm under the impression that not only the
results are going to be published but also info on how one may conduct
similar tests oneself etc. From the slides:

"Training others in the Community helps to extend our reach"

Maybe someone who visited the talk or, better yet, someone actually
involved in the project can comment?

Martin
--
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~mejde