RE: [Usability] Mezzo interface [was Re: nautilus ... ]

> And how would we represent a pressed button? Also we can't easily tell
> which button touches another button and which doesn't, so each button
> would have to get the same outline. You can already see that this
> doesn't look pretty where our toolbars don't touch another toolbar.
> It's not so easy to come up with good solutions, especially in our
> limited environment.

The pressed button would go from a gutter border to looking like it's inset.

I have the idea in my head... let me make a flash mockup to better
illustrate the idea. It may end up just being a theme, the way it's
sounding, but it may promote new ideas.

David