Re: [Usability] Mezzo interface [was Re: nautilus ... ]

On 7/15/05, David Zulaica <david pseudo-cyb org> wrote:
> >Maybe, but those don't even look like buttons anymore. Wouldn't that
> >be worse for usability than the outline?
>
> They're definitely subtle, but the would act like buttons... and because of
> their placement, people would took to them first. Plus you give them a hover
> state, etc... voila... buttons. Maybe a flash mock-up would be better?

And how would we represent a pressed button? Also we can't easily tell
which button touches another button and which doesn't, so each button
would have to get the same outline. You can already see that this
doesn't look pretty where our toolbars don't touch another toolbar.
It's not so easy to come up with good solutions, especially in our
limited environment.

Daniel