Re: [Usability] A problem in GEdit menu entry

--- Corey Burger <corey burger gmail com> wrote:

> On 7/14/05, Leonardo Pereira
> <leonardu_lopes yahoo com> wrote:
> > I sent a message to gedit people and they said
> that I
> > have to send this message to you, so...
> >
> > Reading the HIG I saw that is a entry:
> >
> > "If there is a succinct functional description of
> your
> > application, use the format: ApplicationName
> > FunctionalDescription".
> >
> > But the gedit menu entry is "Text Editor". I think
> > that to be HIG compilant it has to be changed to
> > "gedit Text Editor".
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Leonardo Lopes Pereira

> > "I am a Marxist of the Groucho tendency."
>
> Yes, the hig does say that, but does adding the word
> "Gedit" actually
> add anything to the menu item? I for one doubt it.
>
> Corey

I have 2 text editors in the menu and I want to know
what text editor I am using... I think that open the
program and see the name or think "the menu entry that
doesn't have the name of the program is of the gedit"
aren't good ideas... I prefer to see in the menu what
text editors I have with their names...

Thanks,

Leonardo Lopes Pereira