From: Daniel Borgmann [mailto:daniel borgmann gmail com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:01 PM
To: David Zulaica
Cc: Alan Horkan; usability gnome org
Subject: Re: [Usability] Mezzo interface [was Re: nautilus ... ]

On 7/14/05, David Zulaica <david pseudo-cyb org> wrote:
> >Having the trashcan and the show desktop buttons in the corners is a
> >simply matter of configuring a panel correctly and adding only one item
> >it.
>
> Not quite. Because of the ways some people create their themes, the
buttons
> don't always sit in the absolute corner. The true point is that I should
> "blindly" be able to just throw my cursor into the corner without having
> worry about a small margin that won't let me access the button.

The margin is always purely visual, so you can still blindly throw
your cursor into the corner.
BTW, in current Clearlooks we draw an additional shadow line around
the buttons which may _look_ like a margin, but it's not. We could
probably drop it for buttons on panels, but I doubt whether this would
be worth it (normal buttons "glued" to each other look rather messy
and unprofessional). If there are any good suggestions for alternative
button rendering on panels, we are always listening!

Daniel