Re: Workspaces [Re: [Usability] nautilus, panel, and metacity not acting as if the desktop was a single entity]

On 7/13/05, Eric Larson <elarson novell com> wrote:
> With that said, I would never suggest that workspaces be removed. But, I
> do think that pushing the user to consider grouping their applications
> would be a worthwhile task to gain the advantages of workspaces. In
> addition I think it would be easier to make something like grouping apps
> discoverable. Your example supports that making this kind feature
> available to traditional users a worthwhile task, since they can use it
> effectively.

I don't know, "grouping apps" sounds very much technical to me and I
have trouble to imagine a sane implementation that would be totally
intuitive. Especially if we are talking about grouping by task and not
the much less useful grouping by type.
On the other hand, multiple workspaces are nothing more than
"additional space", which is basically a dead-simple concept.

Daniel