[Usability] "About" menu items galore...

I was looking at the right-click context menu of the Gnome panel Trash Applet and I wondered about the "About" menu items on all panel applet context menus.

On one hand, this is a handy way to see the version number and credits/licensing info about each panel applet. On the other hand, it adds another item in that context menu that would be used very infrequently.

I'm not sure I have an alternative suggestion for where to put the version and license/credit info, but I wondered if these menu items could even be dropped.

I'm not sure myself - but I thought it was a question worth asking in the open.

Thanks,
Steven Garrity