Re: [Usability] Re: Screenshots as videos

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 01:19 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:

> I noticed you cleverly snipped my other two points, which were
> my much stronger points.  Particularly, please do tell me how
> anybody is supposed to discover the keybindings.

Interestingly, even OSX only reveals the screenshot keybindings in its
'Keyboard Shortcuts' capplet (mcuh as we do), and Windows doesn't tell
you about them anywhere AFAIK (other than the online Help).  So
definitely some room to improve on those two somehow, I would think.

The docs team have traditionally advised against narrative in dialogs,
though, so if nothing else your proposed dialog might look a little
unusual compared to the other windows that the user is seeing on their
screen.  But no, I don't have any better ideas off the top of my head :/

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group