Re: [Usability] Show desktop button

Bastien Nocera wrote:

P.S Where did the "show desktop" shortcut vanish to, and would it be a good idea to have this configurable through the show desktop button as well.

Ctrl+Alt+D by default, called "Hide all windows and focus desktop" in
the keybinding properties.
Ah I missed it, but I was looking under the desktop section, so is there a case for this shortcut to be recategoised under Desktop, and renamed "Show Desktop" as this is what I would expect, though this maybe the fault of my mental model. I see my "environment" as a series of layers, with windows and top, followed by workspaces (though these act as containers to the windows) I actually have name my workspaces Top and Bottom (and then music but thats a special case) and the desktop itself (meaning the icons etc...) as the bottom. Hence I am not hiding the windows I'm bringing the desktop to the top of the pile when I click show desktop.

Thanks