Re: [Usability] any menu editor suggestions?

Am Montag, den 28.02.2005, 18:44 +0000 schrieb Alan Horkan:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Christian Neumair wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:45:30 +0100
> > From: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
> > To: usability gnome org
> > Subject: [Usability] any menu editor suggestions?
> > [...]
> > Do you see any room for improvement?

> > [1]
> > http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/gnome-menu-editor/gnome-menu-editor-0.1.tar.gz
> > [2] http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/gnome-menu-editor/README
> > [3]
> > http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/gnome-menu-editor/screenshot-0.1.png

> Does the list get sorted when you click on the column heading?  (I do see
> that the titles are already sorted alphabetically anyway, so this is only
> a minor point).
> Presumably things like drag and drop reordering,

This looks contradictory. What to do if the user displays multiple
directories at once and wants to sort the column? We have to decide
whether the display order affects the actual menu layout order.

> and the ability to move
> more than one item at a time and other things like that will come later?
> I'd be happy to file bugzilla requests if you like.

Of course, feel free to do so. I'd appreciate it :). Note that there is
not yet any bugzilla component for gnome-menu-editor, so you'd have to
create a new one. It would really be nice if you could handle that.
I'll most likely import gnome-menu-editor into GNOME CVS today.

I'd still like to know whether this is meant to be turned into a
full-fledged menu editor, which would allow adding application launchers
and other nifty things, or whether it should provide only very basic
functionality. I already received some private mail with proposals on
more sophisticated functions, we have to be sure on how this app should
look when it has reached 1.0 first, though.