[Usability] any menu editor suggestions?

I've just released the first tarball [1] of gnome-menu-editor (read [2]
if you want to download and try it out). You can see a screenshot of it
under [3]; it is coded after a proposal of Calum [4] we discussed under
[5]; I already provided a mockup tarball in May.

The way it works is pretty simple: You select a bunch of menus on the
left pane you want to display on the right pane, where you can show or
hide particular entries.

Do you see any room for improvement? I think Calumns proposal is great
in terms of simplicity, but should we provide more functionality? What
about creating items/menus? Should this be turned into a full-fledged
menu editing tool or is this admin stuff we need admin tools for? Should
this be used for editing the preferences menu as well?

[1]
http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/gnome-menu-editor/gnome-menu-editor-0.1.tar.gz
[2] http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/gnome-menu-editor/README
[3]