Re: [Usability] [RFC] Announcing: Control-Center-GUI 0.1

Yes, I know that we already have drag and drop in the dialog. I´m just
pointing out that it would be more intuitive if the applets were shown
as an icon grid, instead of the current list.

Sorry for the mistake. I know that myh english skills are poor, and
I´ll try to do better next time.

Regards

Lucas

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:24:48 +0100, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 10-02-2005 alle 23:11 -0300, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues ha
> scritto:
>
> > > The new "Add to Panel" list is just too long. When I was using it for
> > > the first time, I was searching for applets I already knew I wanted, but
> > > had to scan the list multiple times because I kept missing the ones I
> > > was looking for. Long story short, there is too much info there in a big
> > > unfriendly list.
> >
> > In regard to "Add to panel" dialog, may I suggest you to use the same
> > approach (ie, flat iconview, with clearly labeled categories, icons
> > with short descriptions and/or tooltips)? With this design, it´ll be
> > easy to drag and drop things to panel (it´s more intuitive to drag an
> > icon than an huge icon+long description object to the panel).
>
> D'n'D is yet available in the current Add to Panel dialog ;-)
>
> This let's you to add multiple applets at once.
>
> --
> Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>

--
Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues