Re: [Usability] Re: Interacting with open folders

Daniel F Moisset wrote:
On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 14:52 +0100, Maurizio Colucci wrote:

Hello there,

  I have always wondered why, in order to act upon a folder F, I must
  be viewing not F, but its *parent*.

  Example: Suppose I have a nautilus window displaying folder
  /foo/bar. In order to delete "bar", I have to go to the *parent*
  folder (foo).

  This seems illogical to me.  And the problem is even more apparent
  with spatial nautilus: here, a window and a folder are strongly
  identified, so I should be able to act on a folder when I am viewing
  its window.

It doesn't seem *so* illogical* to me. The structure of container/items
is ubiquitous in the desktop,

I still believe this is illogical, because if I see an open chocolate box on my table I can still throw it in the thrashcan. The fact that it's open does not limit me in any way.

However, you are completely right when you let us notice the current behavior is consistent with the rest of the apps (e.g. openoffice). That was an insightful remark.

Mau