Re: [Usability] HIG Clarification for "Close Without Saving" button

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Christian Neumair wrote:

> > I still think this is the least worst option.
> >
> > I have been known to value consistancy more than most people though, so
> > there's my bias clear as crystal.  I think on the basis of a cross desktop
> > consistancy alone I should probably go forward and try and get my
> > GTK_STOCK_DISCARD added.  At least then those who want consistancy can set
> > it.
>
> Would you be ok with adding GTK_STOCK_DISCARD as well as
> GTK_STOCK_DISCARD_CHANGES?

I was thinking a terse label would be better for the API .

I was also assuming that for now GTK_STOCK_DISCARD would be labelled
"Close without Saving" as per the Gnome Human interface guidelines and
that any other labels would be left until there was genuine consensus.

- Alan H.

P.S.  How about stock items for Full Screen, Status Bar, Page Setup,
Rotate Left (clockwise), Rotate Right (anti), Flip Horizontal, Flip
Vertical, and the list goes on and on ...  I figure that someday it should
nearly be possible to build EOG and GEDIT entirely from stock widgets.