Re: [Usability] HIG Clarification for "Close Without Saving" button
- From: danilo gnome org (Danilo Šegan)
- To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
- Cc: usability gnome org, gnome-doc-list gnome org, Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] HIG Clarification for "Close Without Saving" button
- Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:39:12 +0100
Today at 14:14, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Is this much of an issue in other langauges or is just us Anglo's being
I'll answer on this one. It would make sense to have "Discard",
"Save", "Cancel" if the question was "There are some unsaved changes
in this document. What do you want to do with these changes?"
I.e. it must be clear that "Discard" or "Save" is about _changes_,
whereas "Cancel" is about the action of closing.
It's very hard to achieve that all this is easily understood for the
] [Thread Prev