Re: [Usability] gnome-terminal shortcuts

--- Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> > - use the 'open' command to launch an app or
> document as if I double-clicked it
> You can use "gnome-open" for that.

Ah, I didn't know that. Longer to type though.

> > - drag icons from the file manager to command line
> > input
> That works with the GNOME terminal

Not quite. Try a file whose path contains spaces.

> > - copy and paste to and from other apps

> That works if you use the Copy and Paste menu items,
> or corresponding keyboard shortcuts.

SHIFT+CTRL+V is an awkward combination for something
that's used frequently.
The Mac has a built-in advantage over GNOME here: the
GUI uses the CMD key for shortcuts, and the terminal
uses CTRL. So there's no clash between the copy
shortcut and the terminal's CTRL-C.