Re: [Usability] Re: Default Save Location and Default Save Filetype in UI config

On 12/23/05, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
> Op Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:41:23 +0000, schreef Alan Horkan:
>
> > I would certainly encourage Gnumeric to put files in ~/Documents or even
> > ~/Documents/Spreadsheets/
>
> You'd have to solve the "translate strings in filesystem or in UI" dilemma
> first...

Make the applications check env vars like
USER_DOCUMENTS[_SPREADSHEETS] etc. and use those as default save
locations if they exist.

And let the distros figure out the rest.

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
"Programmers don't die, they