Re: [Usability] Better look Re: (no subject)

On 12/14/05, Josue Farde <josuefrade sapo pt> wrote:
> can c where our problem resides..... it needs a consensus but there is
> the need 4 someone that pushs things foward.... and that presents the
> ideas.

No, the problem is that graphical design is not easy, that it is
highly subjective and that there is a lack of alternatives. There's
absolutely no reason to reject a good alternative but _there isn't
one_ and there will not be one just by "pushing things forward".
Someone needs to roll up his/her sleeves and implement/create. *THAT*
is how things get done in the OSS world.

> i would like 2 know what everybody thinks about having a translucide
> desktop environment? :)

1) Technical problems without very recent X
2) No
3) Never

(these were my opinions)

> with menus and icons based on that principle... at least nobody has one
> we would be the first and would be NO clutter....

"Being first" is not "being good".

(also one from my bag of opinions)

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi