Re: [Usability] Better look Re: (no subject)

On 12/14/05, Josue Farde <josuefrade sapo pt> wrote:
> My friend's dont forget that any desktop environment needs a clear look
> as default 2 be accepted, majoraty of people wont know how 2 get into
> gnome-look or sites like that, especially if they r only in english.
[snip]
> Besides i was looking through themes in gnome-look.org and in
> art-gnome.org and none of them was pleasant enought to me or any of the
> people i asked, none of them was consistent, and defenitly none of them
> had comunication design in consideration. And they were not complete,
> some icons just remained the same after the change makeing it just look
> bad.

Yes, so the current look is dull and unattractive, while all other
options are incomplete or even more unattractive. So there is no
reason to start changing anything until someone makes a good
alternative.

I wish somebody would. I'd contribute, but my artistic/graphical
skillZ have proven to be of no use when the target is "attractive" :)

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi