Re: [Usability] Escape Closing Dialog

Thats stupid, why do I care what button is on a dialog? Escape should simply dismiss it, its just confusing how it closes some and not others. Users don't notice that it only does for ones with cancels, it seems to be random.

On 12/13/05, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 05:04 -0500, Simon Francis wrote:
> Dialogs pop up all the time, and sometimes pressing escape closes
> them, but other times it doesn't. It seems almost at random which
> dialogs escape closes predictably and makes it really hard to navigate
> things with the keyboard. Why is this?

Only the ones with a "Cancel" stock button can be dismissed using
Escape.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net >
Richard's a vicious old tart, and he quite obviously had the wherewithal
to play withnail. -- Bruce Robinson