Re: [Usability] The new shrinked/expanded save as dialog

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 04:39:57AM +0100, BJ?rn Lindqvist wrote:

> My problem with it is that it it consistently forces me to click on
> "Browse for other folders" each and every time I want to "Save as...".
> I realise that the rationale behind the dialog is that "most people"
> just throw their stuff on their Desktop directory. It may be true, but
> for other users that like to organise their files, the extra click
> required to expand the save as-dialog is irritating.

I feel all the same.
Yet another file dialog style in Firefox used to bug me. Since
the last upgrade the Gnome save dialog is used. While i'm used to
it from other apps and are usualy all for consitency, I couldn't
help but wish for the old dialog to come back only because of the
constant need for expansion.

If there would be a gconf key to make it default to expanded
I would imediately set it (I did search for one). But I would
prefer to not even have an expand/collapse widget at all.

---
Thorsten Wilms