Re: [Usability] New Pathbar

Am Dienstag, den 23.08.2005, 13:54 +0200 schrieb David Christian Berg:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've never gotten to warm with the new pathbar, because it doesn't allow
> you to easily go to hidden directories or use tab completion to go to a
> location. Ctrl+L ist just a work around in my opinion.
> (Proposal requestion conversion to entry with !> separators)
> So what do you guys think of this approach?

I don't see any advantage over the current layout. Why should we replace
buttons by links? Buttons are way more obvious UI elements. You have to
hover text to releveal that it is a link.

If the user wants to browse to hidden directories, he can also use
ctrl-H (in Nautilus). We could add that binding to the file chooser as
well for toggling display of hidden files.

If you are bound to use the keyboard anyway, isn't a simple ctrl-l
reasonable?

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>