[Usability] "Input Methods" and "Insert Unicode Control Character" in context menus

Hi all,

I've been using Gnome a while, and the "Input Methods"/"Insert Unicode
Control Character" options that show up in every text entry context
menu has always puzzled me.  I've never had a need to use them (they
are "foreign" to a MS Windows user) and feel that they unnecessarily
clutter the context menu.

Is there a way to turn off these context menu options?

Thanks,

Todd