Re: [Usability] GTK Stock icons

Am Freitag, den 01.04.2005, 16:44 -0300 schrieb Lucas Meneghel
Rodrigues:
> Most default stock icons (for actions like cancel or OK) present in
> gtk are really dated (gnome 1.X) and not really good looking.

Hi,

I agree, there are several gtk stock icons that should be updated in my

 GTK_STOCK_APPLY, GTK_STOCK_CANCEL, GTK_STOCK_CLEAR, GTK_STOCK_NO,
 GTK_STOCK_OK and GTK_STOCK_YES

> However, there are already good replacements for (most of) them. For
> example, the stock icons made by jimmac for the industrial GTK theme
> fits well with default gnome artwork and are aesthetically pleasant.

Industrial, AFAI see, has only replacements for GTK_STOCK_APPLY and
GTK_STOCK_CANCEL. GTK_STOCK_APPLY is also in blue and would need to be
available in green before they would be ok for use.

> I know that this can be fixed by:
>
> 1 - Adding Industrial stock icons to the hicolor default icon theme,
> so every gnome/gtk app on X11 will benefit from it.

I'm in doubt this would work but I'm not sure either.

> 2 - Other possible approach would be integrating the stock icons
> aforementioned on gtk proper.

That would be the better way I think.

Alex